Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Off on the road!

Yesterday morning was the last I'll see of my house until January 2nd or 3rd! I'll be going home to Massachusetts to see my family and friends for the holidays. Then, I'll be off on the first road trip (of many!) of the decade! I won't be hitting any new states, but I'll be hitting new areas within states. I'm perfectly fine with that- after all, my goal is about quality AND quantity. Kentucky (the closest state to me that I've yet to go to) will just have to wait.

While I don't want to say exactly where I'm going yet (and a couple of the details have yet to be ironed out/are dependent on weather), I'll be leaving Long Island on Monday, the 27th with my lovely girlfriend and I won't be back until late Saturday night. We'll be spending New Years Eve in a nice small city with a good First Night. There's not a ton, ton of driving, although this is coming from someone who did 6,000 miles in two weeks and felt like THAT wasn't a whole lot of miles.

When I come back, there will be pictures, documentation, all that good jazz. Hopefully it'll create a nice template for future road trips, and give others who are considering road trips in these areas some good food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment